DIY part 1: Do day for Pre-Nup Pictorials

In one week's time, we will be artista for a day - its our pre-nup pictorials in UP Diliman. We have limited props, but since I will be out of the city by mid-week next week, I have to finish our pre-nup props.

LOOKING FOR A PRE-NUP SHOOT VENUE

For the past months, I have been scouting for our pre-nup pictorials venue. Since Louie and I were both UP Diliman alumni and our love story started here, we decided to go with UP Diliman. There have been tsismis that UP charges na for pre-nup shoots, we scouted for yet replacement venues. Louie is very mapilit that we try on UP Diliman, and good thing we did ask. Alumni are free when they shoot around UP, but in particular areas only like the lagoon, acad oval and other public areas. Within colleges, they have to write the respective colleges for permit.

Since we are both UP KEM (our college org) alumni, we decided to take a chance if we can ask for a permit to shoot in our tambayan, inside the College of Engineering (Melchor Hall). We just wrote a letter to the College Dean, indicating the location, time of shoot and number of people that will be there during the shoot. Gladly, we were permitted and just settled Php 250 for 3 hour shoot at our tambayan. :) We can even shoot at the College stairs.


DIY 1: BLOCK LETTERS

We haven't received our script from our P/V supplier, but I already prepared some of the props that we will be using for our pre-nup shoot. I bought paper mache block letters in Divisoria for Php 25 a piece. This is for the medium-sized letters.

It was a crafty afternoon this holiday and I decided to work on it. I bought 4 colors of poster paints - cobalt blue, white, green and silver gray that will be our colors for the wedding. It is actually aqua blue, mint and gray and all I have to do is to mix white and blue and green and white to get the right color combination.

And here are the materials and final outputs.

original paper mache block letters
My materials: Dong-A poster color in silver gray (Php 34),
Best Buy (national bookstore) poster colors in green, white and
cobalt blue (Php 28 each color) and 3 inch brush (Php 34).
Total cost = Php 150.00

Final output - L in blue, & in silver gray and D in mint green

This week, I still have to look for a vintage luggage since I wanted to recreate a shot I found online. :)

One week and I am sort-of-ready to be an artista. :)

Inspired for a crafty afternoon,

Dheng