Wedding DIYs part 1: Letters and Invites

Been pretty much busy with all the wedding preparations and errands, I forgot that I need to update our wedding blog as well.

As of last week, we are still on time with the major to-do's and the littlest details are the ones that have taken the back seat. I am sharing with you what we have done by ourselves -  our DIYs.

LETTERS FROM TABORA

Prior to our prenup in April, I bought these craft letters in Tabora, Divisoria - for 50 a letter. I wanted to use this on our prenup, however, with the excited kid in me, I forgot that I bought them, and never used them.

Anyhow, these are the letters and what I did to them:

used poster colors for the letters. 
I managed to get our color motif by mixing the green and blue with the white color - to get the lighter version of it. One tip - better mix a small amount first and then try them on the letters. After which, you can mix a bigger amount.

I painted the letters in two coats - first,  horizontally and second coat, vertically. I have to wait for about 30 minutes in between coats so they are fully dried.
Final output


INVITE BANDS

Since I wanted to have personalized wedding invite, we had to insert a touch of ours. I made a invite band with our logos. Made this way:

I had our logos printed in a white board paper (150 gsm). And attached them to a silver board in 220 gsm. Size is about 1.5in by 1.5in.

Materials: Our invite for measurement, the logos and ribbons
 Steps:

1. I measured the ribbon around the invite first and cut them according to size. I put a double-sided tape (about .75in width double-sided tape), horizontally.

2-3. Put the ribbon around and measured them first by putting it around the invite and closing it.

4. Secure the loop by putting two strips of double-sized tape vertically on top of it.

5. Put the second silver cardstock on top to close the invite band.

6. Final product.

Step-by-step guide

Final output

I still have more DIYs to do in 75 days. :)


Crafty Sunday ahead,

Dheng