Hunt for the Reception: Ramon Magsaysay Center Hall

All my church and reception venues were done in a day. One, we have to check how far the reception venue is from the church - via commute. So, after the last visit from Sts. Peter and Paul, my mom and I hailed a cab near the church and were on our way to Ramon Magsaysay Hall.

Since I was researcher by heart (and mind and pockets as well), I searched for possible venues as I looked for the churches. Just like my church list, I have three on my mind - Ramon Magsaysay Hall in Manila, PSE Auditorium in Ortigas and Le Parc Events Hall in Pasay. I called RMH and Le Parc first and since I work few blocks away from PSE, I will drop by personally.

Sadly, Le Parc is already booked on our wedding day, so I am down with two options. Our first stop: Ramon Magsaysay Hall.

It is located along Roxas Blvd, just across Diamond Hotel. Nearby churches include Malate Church and Ermita Church. Ramon Magsaysay Center is where the Ramon Magsaysay Foundation is, one that handles the Ramon Magsaysay Awards and Scholarship Program.

The hall is located outside the main building - left of the fountain. It is relatively a small one, which is for me can sit 100 to 120 guests comfortably. Knowing my fiance guests, we cannot have that small group! :( Wood is all over the place - wall panels and floor - giving it a rustic mood. It also have this small stage that the couple can use.

Sadly, it doesn't have the prep room, though it has a large lobby which you can set your mobile bars up and will also serve as your smoking area.

Below are the pictures we took during our visit:

Taken near the entrance door. The door on the right side is the access to a small pantry. 

Two doors and the ceiling. Middle door is the access to small pantry (office use only).
Far right is the access to the comfort rooms. 

RMH ground. Fountain at the center. 

Prepped up hall. 

Outside venue for cocktails. 


Peso rate: 21,500 for 4 hours of program and 8 hours of ingress and egress.
Contact: Ms. Starr at 521 3166 to 85

Pros:
(1) Good location.
(2) Good price.
(3) Rental fees help the scholars of RMAF.
(4) Cocktails area

Cons:
(1) Area is small for more than 150 persons.
(2) No preparation/ holding room for couple.
(3) No set up room for the caterers.
(4) Need good lighting due to wooden finish of the walls.


Has to let go of RMH,

Deng